Pat,
Perhaps I am missing something here, but why not use a String field if you
do not need any of the analysis? Seems like from your previous email "The
query is a simple text query made of space delimited video id strings" - -
that you basically have a keyword style query which would seem to fit
better with a String field and not a neutered Text field.

Thanks,
Andrew