On Fri, 22 Nov 2013 17:55:13 +0800
Jason Lee <wua...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I noticed lots of algorithms implementations has deprecated in Mahout
> 0.8 and removed in 0.9,  but no reasons or comments been marked. Can
> i ask why?

As Suneel mentioned earlier: Before removing these algorithms we asked
on the user list for input on what users really needed.

If you need anything that was marked deprecated you are welcome to step
up, provide patches and improvements to re-vive implementations that
are currently in the danger of being deleted soon.

> Btw, Mahout API is a little lack javadoc comments, every contributors
> of Mahout should has the responsibility to add more javadoc comments
> to the java file they created.

Not an excuse but maybe a step forward: If you find classes and
packages lacking documentation that you know well (or are in the
process of getting to know well) we'd be grateful if you could provide
the missing documentation as a patch to the code base*.

Isabel

* Also in my experience documentation patches tend to be easier to get
  approval for from your employer than donating whole new
  implementations that you have developed internally...