Hi

I'm wondering what the exact contract of this method is.  (Saw
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.mahout.user/10116)

Is it supposed to calculate the distance between a cluster centroid and vector
v?  In which case, for non-sparse vectors can it be implemented by calling the
other distance() method in DistanceMeasure, say...

"return distance(centroid, v);"

In my case I am dealing with a pretty non-linear metric so cannot just exploit
v.getLengthSquared as is the case for the L2 norm.

Or is the method supposed to return some other type of distance (not the
distance between centroid and v)? Do I have it wrong?

Thanks.

Rob