On Monday, March 17, 2014 3:43 AM, fx MA XIAOJUN <xiaojun...@fujixerox.co.jp>
wrote:

Thank you for your quick reply.

As to -km, I thought it was log10, instead of ln. I was wrong...
This time I set -km 140000 and run mahout streamingkmeans again.(CDH 5.0 Mrv1,
Mahout 0.8)
The maps run faster than before, but the reduce was still stuck at 76% for ever.

>> This has been my experience too both with 0.8 and 0.9.

So, I uninstalled mahout 0.8, and installed mahout 0.9 in order to use -rskm
option.

Mahout kmeans can be executed properly, so I think the installation of mahout
0.9 is successful.

>> What do u mean by this? kmeans hasn't changed between 0.8 and 0.9. Did u
>> mean Streaming KMeans here?

However, when executing mahout streamingkmeans, I got errors as following.
Hadoop I installed is cdh5-beta1-mapreduce version 1.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Found
interface org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.JobContext, but class was expected
    at org.apache.mahout.common.HadoopUtil.getCustomJobName(HadoopUtil.java:174)
    at
org.apache.mahout.clustering.streaming.mapreduce.StreamingKMeansDriver.runMapReduce(StreamingKMeansDriver.java:464)
    at
org.apache.mahout.clustering.streaming.mapreduce.StreamingKMeansDriver.run(StreamingKMeansDriver.java:419)
    at
org.apache.mahout.clustering.streaming.mapreduce.StreamingKMeansDriver.run(StreamingKMeansDriver.java:240)
    at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:84)
    at
org.apache.mahout.clustering.streaming.mapreduce.StreamingKMeansDriver.main(StreamingKMeansDriver.java:491)
    at
    at
    at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ProgramDriver$ProgramDescription.invoke(ProgramDriver.java:72)
    at org.apache.hadoop.util.ProgramDriver.run(ProgramDriver.java:144)
    at org.apache.hadoop.util.ProgramDriver.driver(ProgramDriver.java:152)
    at org.apache.mahout.driver.MahoutDriver.main(MahoutDriver.java:195)
    at
    at

Seems like u r trying to execute on Hadoop 2 while Mahout 0.9 has been built
with Hadoop 1.x profile, hence the error u r seeing.
If u would like to test on Hadoop 2, work off of present trunk and build the
code with Hadoop 2 profile like below:

mvn clean install -Dhadoop2.profile=<hadoop 2.x version>

Please give that a try.