Hi,

It's great to see a lot of work being spent on cleaning up the website. I think we have already done a great job here, but there are still a few more pages that need work.

I created a jira issue for every single page that needs some work, would be awesome if we could find enough volunteers to finish this quickly.

If you wanna take a ticket, write a comment that you start work on it, go through the website, check it for dead links and formatting errors and try out examples that are listed with the current release to see if everything still works. Either attach a textfile containing a new version of the page to the issue or add a comment on the issue that details the fix that you want to see (e.g. "remove link ... because it is dead.")

Here's an overview of the tickets:

MAHOUT-1471 Clean up website on Canopy Clustering
MAHOUT-1472 Clean up website on Fuzzy k-Means
MAHOUT-1473 Clean up website on Spectral Clustering
MAHOUT-1474 Add Seinfeld clustering example

MAHOUT-1475 Clean up website on Naive Bayes
MAHOUT-1476 Clean up website on Hidden Markov Models
MAHOUT-1477 Clean up website on Logistic Regression
MAHOUT-1478 Clean up website on Random Forests
MAHOUT-1479 Clean up website on wikipedia example
MAHOUT-1480 Clean up website on 20 newsgroups
MAHOUT-1481 Clean up website on breiman example

MAHOUT-1482 Rework quickstart website

I would kindly ask Shannon to take 1473, Frank 1474 and Frank or Ted 1477.

Let's quickly finish the work on documenting what we have, so we can move on to new and exciting developments in Mahout!

--sebastian