Hi Roland,

Could u tell me how many intermediate centroids were being emitted from the
mappers to the single reducer in ur scenario?  You have 6GB allocated for a
reducer which is way more than what I can get on my work cluster (only 2GB -:))
.

I take it that you have not specified the -rskm option to further reduce the
number of intermediate centroids. Guess its high priority now to fix
Mahout-1469 that addresses this and few other Streaming KMeans issues. Please
feel free to add to the JIRA anything else you may have about Streaming KMeans.

Anything else you had observed and would like to add on this?

Let me make time to fix this.

Thanks again,
Suneel

On Wednesday, March 26, 2014 4:17 AM, Roland von Herget