Hi again mahout:

Im wrapping a distributed recommender like this:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jayunit100/bigpetstore/master/src/main/java/org/bigtop/bigpetstore/clustering/BPSRecommnder.java

And its not working.

Any thoguhts on why?  The error message is simply that intermediate data
sets dont exist (i.e. numUsers.bin or /tmp/preparePreferencesMatrix...).

Basically its clear that the intermediate jobs are failing but i cant see
any reason why they would fail.... And I don't see any meaningfull stack
traces.

I've found alot of good whitepapers and stuff on how the algorithms work ,
but its not clear what is really done for me by mahout, and what i have to
do on my own for the distributed recommender APIs.

--
Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com