The contingency table is constructed by looking at how many users have
expressed preference or interest in two items.  If the items are A and B,
the pertinent counts are

k11 - the number of users who interacted with both A and B
k12 - the number of users who interacted with A but not B
k21 - the number of users who interacted with B but not A
k22 - the number of users who interacted with neither A nor B.

These values are values that go into the contingency table and are all that
is needed to compute the LLR value.

See http://tdunning.blogspot.de/2008/03/surprise-and-coincidence.html for a
detailed description.