Well, the problem is that there is a thread leak.  It is not clear whether
the file creation succeeded.

It isn't that surprising that there is a thread leak since Hadoop code is
pretty cavalier about this and the Hadoop test cases don't check for this.

I think that there might be a way to signal that this is ok, possibly with
annotations.  Somebody who knows the test randomizer framework would have
to comment on that.