Your impression is correct for classifyFull. This behavior indicates that the
classifier has extremely high confidence.

Increasing lambda should eventually make the scores degrade to equal scores for
each category.

Since that isn't happening I think that there may be something else going on.
Have you tested with synthetic data?  Can you post sample code.

Sent from my iPhone