if errors appear in MASTER=local, then it is something wrong with spark
binaries IMO. What i usually do is i do my own compilation of Spark with
CDH4 (right now, it happens to be 4.3.1) , set SPARK_HOME and MAHOUT_HOME,
compile mahout HEAD with maven install -Dskip.tests=true, and then just
running `bin/mahout spark-shell` from the MAHOUT_HOME.