Hello! I am very new to Mahout and since 3-4 days I am trying to install
Mahout on Ubuntu 10.04 and running an understandable example with it! I
managed to install Mahout properly (version 0.9), but I have a problem when I
run the Twenty Newsgroups Classification Example
(http://mahout.apache.org/users/classification/twenty-newsgroups.html).

More specifically, in my terminal it is shown the following error:

ok. You chose 1 and we'll use cnaivebayes
creating work directory at /tmp/mahout-work-iro
+ echo 'Preparing 20newsgroups data'
Preparing 20newsgroups data
+ rm -rf /tmp/mahout-work-iro/20news-all
+ mkdir /tmp/mahout-work-iro/20news-all
+ cp -R '/tmp/mahout-work-iro/20news-bydate/*/*' /tmp/mahout-work-iro/20news-
all
cp: cannot stat `/tmp/mahout-work-iro/20news-bydate/*/*': No such file or
directory

Any ideas what should be done in order to solve this problem? I have tried so
much to find a solution, but with no success :(

Thanks a lot,
Argi