I had seen the issue u r reporting when running CooccurrencesMapper on a 2M
document corpus on an 80 node cluster.
The job would be stuck in cooccurencesMapper forever.

This has been fixed in 0.9 (I have not had a chance to try it out on the
size and cluster I had before), so it would be good if u could try running
with 0.9.

P.S. 0.7 is not supported anymore and Mahout's come a long way since 0.7,
please upgrade to 0.9.