The problem is not in building Spark it is in building Mahout using the correct
Spark jars. If you are using CDH and hadoop 2 the correct jars are in the repos.

For the rest of us, though the process below seems like an error prone hack to
me it does work on Linux and BSD/mac. It should really be addressed by Spark
imo.

BTW The cache is laid out differently on linux but I don’t think you need to
delete is anyway.

On Oct 21, 2014, at 12:27 PM, Dmitriy Lyubimov <dlie...@gmail.com> wrote:

fwiw i never built spark using maven. Always use sbt assembly.

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 11:55 AM, Pat Ferrel <p...@occamsmachete.com> wrote:

> [...]
> client).
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 7:12 AM, Mahesh Balija <
> balijamahesh....@gmail.com
>>>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Here are the errors I get which I run in a pseudo distributed mode,
>>>
>>> Spark 1.0.2 and Mahout latest code (Clone)
>>>
>>> When I run the command in page,
>>> https://mahout.apache.org/users/sparkbindings/play-with-shell.html
>>>
>>> val drmX = drmData(::, 0 until 4)
>>>
>>> java.io.InvalidClassException: org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD; local class
>>> incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = 385418487991259089,
>>> local class serialVersionUID = -6766554341038829528
>>>     at
>>> java.io.ObjectStreamClass.initNonProxy(ObjectStreamClass.java:592)
>>>     at
>>> java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNonProxyDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1621)
>>>     at
>>> java.io.ObjectInputStream.readClassDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1516)
>>>     at
>>> java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNonProxyDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1621)
>>>     at
>>> java.io.ObjectInputStream.readClassDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1516)
>>>     at
>>>
> java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1770)
>>>     at
>>> java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1349)
>>>     at
>> java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:369)
>>>     at
>>>

> org.apache.spark.serializer.JavaDeserializationStream.readObject(JavaSerializer.scala:63)
>>>     at
>>>

> org.apache.spark.scheduler.ResultTask$.deserializeInfo(ResultTask.scala:61)
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.spark.scheduler.ResultTask.readExternal(ResultTask.scala:141)
>>>     at
>>> java.io.ObjectInputStream.readExternalData(ObjectInputStream.java:1836)
>>>     at
>>>
> java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1795)
>>>     at
>>> java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1349)
>>>     at
>> java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:369)
>>>     at
>>>

> org.apache.spark.serializer.JavaDeserializationStream.readObject(JavaSerializer.scala:63)
>>>     at
>>>

> org.apache.spark.serializer.JavaSerializerInstance.deserialize(JavaSerializer.scala:85)
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.spark.executor.Executor$TaskRunner.run(Executor.scala:165)
>>>     at
>>>

> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1146)
>>>     at

>>>     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:701)
>>> 14/10/21 19:35:37 WARN TaskSetManager: Lost TID 1 (task 0.0:1)
>>> 14/10/21 19:35:37 WARN TaskSetManager: Lost TID 2 (task 0.0:0)
>>> 14/10/21 19:35:37 WARN TaskSetManager: Lost TID 3 (task 0.0:1)
>>> 14/10/21 19:35:38 WARN TaskSetManager: Lost TID 4 (task 0.0:0)
>>> 14/10/21 19:35:38 WARN TaskSetManager: Lost TID 5 (task 0.0:1)
>>> 14/10/21 19:35:38 WARN TaskSetManager: Lost TID 6 (task 0.0:0)