I want to code a user based recommender :)

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Pat Ferrel [mailto:p...@occamsmachete.com]
Enviado el: viernes, 28 de noviembre de 2014 17:51
Para: user@mahout.apache.org
Asunto: Re: api and documentation

You may not need the API since several methods are supported from the command
line. But once you choose a recommender we can point you to the right place.
What does your data look like?

From another thread ========================

Mahout has several recommenders so no need to create one from components. They
all make use of the similarity of preferences between users—otherwise known as
collaborative filtering.

Primary Mahout Recommenders:
1) Hadoop mapreduce item-based cooccurrence recommender. Creates all recs for
all users. Uses “Mahout IDs"
2) ALS-WR hadoop mapreduce, uses matrix factorization to reduce noise in the
data. Sometimes better for small data sets than #1. Uses “Mahout IDs"
3) Mahout + search engine: cooccurrence type. Extremely flexible, works with
multiple actions (multi-modal), works for new users that have some history, has
a scalable server (from the search engine) but is more difficult to integrate
than #1 or #2. Uses your own ids and reads csv files.

Pick a recommender we can go from there.

On Nov 28, 2014, at 4:46 AM, ARROYO MANCEBO David <david.arr...@altran.com>