if memory serves me, DeLiClu (density-link) is current best density thing
since it does not require parameter searches.

What is parallelization strategy you are proposing?

I know there were a bunch of attempts to parallelize/partition the dbscan
problem, one of more interesting is perhaps of Google's MR.SCAN paper, but
even the latter is not qutie embarassingly parallel (requires partitioning
overlap between subtasks which is a function of epsilon neighborhood).
Nevertheless, this seemed to yield significantly interesting performance.

also, MR version of Mahout has (or used to have) mean shift, which is just
fine, if not better, for irregularly-shaped density clustering. Not sure of
its performance though. their translations into spark perhaps would be
interesting enough.