Dmitriy is correct in that the Streaming KMeans in MlLib is a wrong name
for something that was meant to convey "Spark Streaming + KMeans".

The Mahout Streaming KMeans is an implementation of the Meyerson paper
that's been referred to in Dmitriy's email.

I have had folks wrongly misconstrue Streaming KMeans as being Spark
Streaming + KMeans, thanks to the bad naming on part of the MlLib folks.

I had spoken to Jeremy Freeman, the MLLib Streaming KMEans contributor
about this and he agrees that the intent was to convery "Spark Streaming +
KMeans", he definitely wasn't aware of the Streaming KMeans algorithm that
existed much before Spark Streaming.