Thank you very much for your reply.
As I mentioned earlier, I am using mahoutSparkContext, and MAHOUT_HOME is
set to the correct mahout path.
I also have tried setting up the context myself as I looked into the
implementation of mahoutSparkContext and supplied the jars path manually.
still the same error.
I will try with spark 1.5 and report.

Thank you very much again,

Kind Regards,