>The new code still uses sparse and dense vectors and matrices, with local and
>distributed >iterators over rows and blocking into chunks of matrices as
>appropriate.

That is a good thing to know...
Regardless of the comparison, do you know where the most important data
structures are defined? I mean where does it create the chunks (or read the
chunks)? What are the sizes of the matrices? are they typically small (10x10)
or large (1000x1000)?

Regards,
Mahmood

On Wednesday, February 3, 2016 10:46 PM, Andrew Musselman
The new code still uses sparse and dense vectors and matrices, with local and
distributed iterators over rows and blocking into chunks of matrices as
appropriate.

You would be better off checking out the newest version from source
(https://github.com/apache/mahout) and taking a look since I won't be able to
provide any useful comparison for your specific needs.