I once posted in the ffmpeg mailing list a patch and my God did it put me off
doing so again :) there definitely needs to be more front of shop for open
source projects to entice people to contribute more :)) but the message is good
if not the delivery, there's nothing like getting stuck in its the biggest and
most rewarding learning curve

Sent from my iPhone