The multiple backend support is such a waste of time IMO. The DSL and GPU
support is super important and should be made even more distributed. The
current (as I understand it) single threaded GPU per VM is only the first step
in what will make Mahout important for a long time to come.

Think of Mahout in 5 years what will be important? H2O? Hadoop Mapreduce?
Flink? I’ll stake my dollar on no. GPUs yes and up the stakes. Streaming online
learning (kappa style) yes but not sure Mahout is made for this right now.

Or if we are talking about web site revamp +1, I’d be happy to upgrade my
section and have only held off waiting to see a redesign or moving to Jekyll.

As to a new mascot, ok, but the old one fits the name. We tried sub-naming
Mahout-Samsara to symbolize the changing nature and rebirth of the project,
maybe we should drop the name Mahout altogether. the name Mahout, like the blue
man, is not relevant to the project anymore and maybe renaming, is good for
marketing.