the simplest scheme is to initialize distributed matrix of the shape D :=
(0 | A) where A is your dataset and 0 is a single column indicating current
centroid assignment and distribute current centroid matrix C via matrix
broadcast (assuming there are few enough centers).

Then alternatively run cluster assignment within mapBlock() operator on D
with recomputation of new centroids C afterwards. Recomputation of
centroids can be done via aggregating transpose.

of course a better scheme includes pre-sketching (k-means ||) and use of a
triangle inequality during recomputations.