The issue could be competition better grounded in Spark like ND4J and the
increased popularity of Python. Name changes are really difficult. If you
think that you have improved over your recent iteration  and moved to a
more competitive platform, then it would be a good idea. Otherwise, try to
wait and build credibility. At that point, it may even be a good idea to
keep the old platform and move people to the newly named 'better' platform
without the risk of losing respect.