I just heard we are not using git flow (the process not the tool), we are
checking unclean (untested in any significant way) changes to master? What is
the develop branch used for?

The master is unstable most all the time with the old method, in fact there is
*no stable bundle of source ever* without git flow. With git flow you can peel
off a bug fix and merge with master and users can pull it expecting that
everything else is stable and like the last build. This has bit me with Mahout
in the past as I’m sure it has for everyone. This doesn’t fix that but it does
limit the pain to committers.

If we aren’t going to use it, fine but let’s not agree to it then do something
else. If it’s a matter of timing ok, I understood from Andrew’s mail below
there was no timing issue but I expect there will be Jenkins or Travis issues
to iron out.

For reference: http://nvie.com/posts/a-successful-git-branching-model/
<http://nvie.com/posts/a-successful-git-branching-model/> I have never heard of
someone who has tried it that didn’t like it but it takes a leap of faith
unless you have git in your bones.

On Apr 22, 2017, at 10:42 AM, Andrew Musselman <andrew.mussel...@gmail.com>