The only change is that the MySQL driver now performs ANALYZE
operations on the fly in order to keep the database operating at high
efficiency.  This is CONNECTORS-510.  It is possible that, on a large
database table, these operations will cause others to wait long enough
so that their timeout is exceeded.  Such an event does not take place
while the load tests run, however.  If you want to turn off the
analyze operation, you can do that by setting a per-table property to
override the analyze default of 10000 operations:

analyzeThreshold =
ManifoldCF.getIntProperty("org.apache.manifold.db.mysql.analyze."+tableName,10000);

The table in question is "jobqueue".  If you set this value to
something like 1000000000 and you still see MySQL timeouts, then this
new code is not the problem.  And, like I said, the best solution is
to recognize the error and retry, but first I would need the error
code.  Adding an appropriate output of sqlState around line 123 of
framework/core/src/main/java/org/apache/manifoldcf/core/database/DBInterfaceMySQL.java
would allow us to see what code to catch, when it happened again.

For the Web connector, the only modifications have been in regards to
how it handles 500 errors, which now correctly code to avoid an
IndexExceptionOutOfBounds exception.  This has nothing to do with
socket exceptions, which are caused for external reasons only.

Karl