Da: Karl Wright [mailto:daddy...@gmail.com]
Inviato: martedì 16 settembre 2014 19:22
A: user@manifoldcf.apache.org
Oggetto: Re: Web crawling , robots.txt and access credentials

Hi Mario,
I looked at your robots.txt.  In its current form, it should disallow
EVERYTHING from your site.  The reason is that some of your paths start with
"/", but the allow clauses do not.
As for why MCF is letting files through, I suspect that this is because MCF
caches robots data.  If you changed the file and expected MCF to pick that up
immediately, it won't.  The cached copy expires after, I believe, 1 hour.  It's
kept in the database so even if you recycle the agents process it won't purge
the cache.
Karl

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 11:44 AM, Karl Wright