Hi Karl,

i will try the Java mail properties you described.

I only concentrated on getting a positive connection working status so far. But
now i understand this is not possible because the connection check would only
work for POP3 or IMAP mail hosts. However, sending mails might still work with
the mentioned properties. I will report back.

Authentication is not an issue for me at the moment because i am running on a
host that trusted to do unauthenticated mail-in.

Thanks
Markus