Hi Mario,

What repository connector are you using for Job "B"?  Is it your own
connector?  If so, you likely have bugs in it that are causing problems
with the entire framework.  Please verify that this is the case; ManifoldCF
In Action is freely available online and you should read it before writing
connectors.

The problems are not likely due to HSQLDB internal locks.

Major errors should be logged already in manifoldcf.log by default.  If you
want to set up connector debug logging, you need to set a properties.xml
property, not a logging.xml property:

<property name="org.apache.manifoldcf.connectors" value="DEBUG"/>

See: https://www.mail-archive.com/user@manifoldcf.apache.org/msg01034.html