Hi Markus,

If you use the straight update handler, with no Tika filter, then the Solr
Connector by design restricts input to textual documents.  We can perhaps
broaden that to web pages but then you will be indexing HTML tags as well
and I rather doubt that's what you want.

If you run Tika within ManifoldCF, the mime type it presents to the update
handler is text/plain.
If you run via the extracting update handler, then there is no content type
check done by the Solr connector.

Karl