How are you running manifoldcf?  Single process example, or a custom setup
of some kind?

This exception is a "catch all" exception generated far below anything in
ManifoldCF, but usually means it cannot download the WSDLs from the
service.  Getting the full exception dumped in the log requires a "hack" to
the check() method of the connector, but I'm pretty sure that's what's
happening anyway.

Karl