Hi, do you mean content limiter length of 1000000?

I assume you are using the internal Tika transformer?  Are you combining
this with a Solr output connection that is not using the extract handler?

By "manifold crashes" I assume you actually mean it runs out of memory.
The "long running query" concern is a red herring because that does not
cause a crash under any circumstances.

This is quite likely if I described your setup above, because if you do not
use the Solr extract handler, the entire content of every document must be
loaded into memory.  That is why we require you to fill in a Solr field on
those kind of output connections that limits the number of bytes.

Karl