The jcifs connector does not include a lot of information in the version
string for a file - basically, the length, and the modified date.  So I
would not expect there to be lot of actual work involved if there are no
changes to a document.

The activity "access" does imply that the system believes that the document
does need to be reindexed.  It clearly reads the document properly.  I
would check to be sure it actually indexes the document.  I suspect that
your job may be reading the file but determining it is not suitable for
indexing and then repeating that every day.  You can see this by looking
for the document in the activity log to see what ManifoldCF decided to do
with it.

Karl