So... your response basically capitulates to the fragmentation argument:

"Yes we will have binding strewn about of questionable quality that may, or may
not, work with core."

The point that I'm trying to make is, fragmentation *is not* a good thing.

--------------------------------------
Case in point - The Hadoop Ecosystem (fragmentation)

In order for anyone to make a salient stack of any measure, vendors have to
knit together components into a stack which can then be consumed by the masses.

Counterpoint - Spark (curating) libraries

Spark bundles 1st order interface libraries as part of a curated core.  You are
guaranteed that the core will inter-operate, and PySpark is given 1st class
standing.

This is a bad idea, unless there is a plan to hedge the risk.

-Tim