On 10/07/14 06:50, Stephan Erb wrote:
Seems like there is a workaround: I can emulate my desired configuration
to prevent swap usage, by disabling swap on the host and starting the
slave without "--cgroups_limit_swap". Then everything works as expected,
i.e., a misbehaving task is killed immediately.

However, I still don't know why 'cgroups_limit_swap' is not working as
advertised.

Kernelshark is your friend....

IMHO, you should google and read a bit on OOM, OOM-killer and systemd and cgroups.

OOPs, I forgot a couple of links to get you started on systemd research, (OOM), cgroups etc etc issues:

https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/cgroups/memory.txt

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/cgroups (historical ref).

hth,
James