Hi,

According to the Python interface docstring
<https://github.com/apache/mesos/blob/master/src/python/interface/src/mesos/interface/__init__.py#L184-L193>,
launchTasks() may be called with a set of tasks.

In our framework, we thought this is used to issue a single RPC for
launching many tasks onto many offers (potentially from many slaves), as an
optimization (e.g., less communication overhead).

But, when running with multiple slaves, we saw that tasks are lost when
they are assigned to different slaves with the same launchTasks() call.

Reading the docstring of launchTasks carefully, I still couldn't figure out
that this is the intended behavior, so I'm here to verify that.
If that's by design, it should be stated clearly in the docstring (I'd be
happy to provide a documentation pull request for this).

Now, if this *is* the intended behavior, it raises the question - why does
launchTasks() support a set of tasks? doesn't mesos already aggregate
resources from the same slave to a single offer?

Thanks,
- Itamar.