Well, when I try doing that I get this error:

Failed to initialize: Failed to bind on scheduler_ip_address Cannot assign
requested address: Cannot assign requested address [99]

When I do a

 ps -ef | grep mesos

on both my master and slave nodes, it works fine. And, I am also able to
ping both the nodes from each other - they are reachable to one another.