Hi Chris

<personal opinion ahoy>

Spark is a Mesos native, I'd have no hesitation running it on Mesos.

Cassandra not so much -
that's not to disparage the work people are putting in there, I think
it's really interesting. But personally with complex beasts like Cassandra
I want to be running as 'stock' as possible, as it makes it easier to learn
from other peoples experiences.