Hi Daniel,

this depends on your framework: Mesos assumes that a framework is "well
behaved", i.e. only requests the resources that it really needs. A
framework can control this using SchedulerDriver::requestResources() call.
Therefore a framework might not take all available resources of an agent.
A resource offer may be offered to other frameworks, the first one to
launch a task via SchedulerDriver::launchTasks will get them. If a
framework does not accept/decline an offer in time, it might already be
taken. If no accept/decline arrives at the master after a certain amount of
time, these resources are made available again.

--
*Jan Schlicht*
Distributed Systems Engineer, Mesosphere