Hi,

i need to update slaves from time to time and looking for a way to take them
out of the cluster but without killing the running tasks. I need to wait
until all tasks are done and during this time no new tasks should be started
on this slave. My first idea was to set a constraint "status:online" for
every task i start and then change the attribute of the slave to "offline",
restart slave process while executer still runs the tasks but it seems if
you change the attributes of a slave it can not connect to the cluster
without rm -rf /tmp before which will kill all tasks.

Also the maintenance mode seems not to be an option:

"When maintenance is triggered by the operator, all agents on the machine
are told to shutdown. These agents are subsequently removed from the master
which causes tasks to be updated as TASK_LOST. Any agents from machines in
maintenance are also prevented from registering with the master."

Is there another way?

Cheers

Mike