From: Jian Qiu <gothicqiuj...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, February 1, 2016 9:05 AM
To: user@mesos.apache.org
Subject: Use cases for revocable resources

Hi,

We are considering to extend swarm framework on mesos to using revocable
resources. Revocable resources have been introduced for quite a while, and
there are currently some works in progress to extend it (optimistic
offer/allocation slack), however, I did not find many open source frameworks
using this features. I am wondering whether anyone is starting using revocable
resource in their frameworks, and what is the general use cases?

Taking marathon as an example, we may use revocable resources per framework
(let one marathon use only revocable resources) or per application (let user
decide whether its application should use revocable resources). But it seems to
me that these use cases also relates to the implementation of resource
estimator/qos correction. In addition, when optimistic offer is introduced
later, it may make the cases even more complicated...Any ideas?

Thanks

Regards
Jian Qiu