Hi,

As far as I have read, Paxos is not related to mesos master election. It is
used to implement the "replicated logs", as the storage backend of the
registry where information like slaves, quota, and maintenance schedules
are persisted (check
https://github.com/apache/mesos/blob/0.27.0/src/master/registry.proto#L27 ).

I think https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-1471 would make this
more clear.