Mesos has its own containerizer implemenation or employ Docker to do that.
Framework can specify which containerizer layer by using:

containerInfo.set_type(ContainerInfo::DOCKER);
                                      ^^^^ or MESOS

See below example if it helps clear your puzzle.
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=mesos.git;a=blob;f=src/examples/docker_no_executor_framework.cpp;h=cf7b4e1b4a27a3a6d484b1e205b5ca1c3ec583e1;hb=HEAD#l103