To clarify, mesos does not initiate the spawning of tasks, that is the
responsibility of a framework's scheduler.
Also, FYI there is a 0.28.1 being released right now, although I'm not sure
what you're seeing is related to any of the bugs that were fixed.

In order to help you, I need to know *precisely* what you're doing and what
you're observing. Is the following correct?

-Running a 0.28.0 slave with some running tasks.
-Stop the slave.
-Remove the --work_dir contents.
-Start the slave.
-Seeing tasks still running? How? Does the agent show these? Or were they
leaked and only are revealed with "ps"?

Please also provide the slave flags and the complete slave logs around this
event.

On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 3:12 AM, Pradeep Chhetri <pradeep.chhetr...@gmail.com