In cluster mode, you need to first run *MesosClusterDispatcher* application
on marathon (Read more about that here:
http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/running-on-mesos.html#cluster-mode)

In both client and cluster mode, you need to specify --master flag while
submitting job, the only difference is that you will specifying the value
as the URL of dispatcher in cluster mode
(mesos://<dispatcher_address>:<dispatcher_port>) while in client mode, you
will be specifying URL of mesos-master
(mesos://<mesos_master>:<mesos_master_port>)

--
Regards,
Pradeep Chhetri