From: james [gar...@verizon.net]
Sent: 11 May 2016 17:08
To: user@mesos.apache.org
Subject: Re: distributed file systems

Hello Rodrick,

That EFS looks interesting, but I did not find the location for the
source-code/git download?  I do not remember the (linux) kernel hooks
for that Distributed File System, or is completely on top of the systems
codes?

License details and I'm not sure if it's 100% opensource?

Beegfs [A] is partially opensource, but that does not fit what is needed
for experimentation. A robust community around open sources and tools,
such as github, should have been mentioned. Equally important
is a community keen on sharing and supporting other efforts to replicate
and use the components of these cluster centric codes. [B,C]

James

[A] http://www.beegfs.com/content/

[B] https://forums.aws.amazon.com/thread.jspa?threadID=217783

[C]