Hello,

sorry to insist, is the understanding below correct ? I'm really not sure.

I understand that network/portmapping isolator is using disjoint port ranges to multiplex traffic into the same ports into containers but I'm not really sure if we're talking about ephemeral or non-ephemeral ports here neither if I correctly understand what kind of port is for what kind of use.

About the direct mapping : what in the container is listening to the mapped port ? How ?

Also what kind of this ephemeral vs non-ephermeral port is called a hostPort in Marathon ?

Here's my initial understanding :

Thanks.