On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 2:22 PM, Benjamin Mahler <bmah...@apache.org> wrote:

> If I understood correctly, the proposal is to not kill the tasks for
> non-partition aware frameworks? That seems like a pretty big change for
> frameworks that are not partition aware and expect the old killing
> semantics.

Adding to what Neil said, I think most (if not all) non-PA frameworks
would've already rescheduled the task after seeing a TASK_LOST. The
difference is that previously such tasks can come back to TASK_RUNNING iff
master fails over and non-strict registry (default) is used. Now, we are
saying tasks can come back to TASK_RUNNING irrespective of master fail
over. The assumption/hope is that this shouldn't break existing frameworks
in a catastrophic way.