When a scheduler registers or re-registers with the master, `MasterInfo` is
provided as the callback. This includes the version information which can
be used to determine which capabilities a Master has. This is admittedly
not great; there is a ticket to introduce Master capabilities and include
them in MasterInfo. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-5675