Hi Marc,

Thanks for bringing this up. I think vendor lockin is a valid concern but
when we weighed that against the modern communication platform that slack
provides which will help engage with our community better, we chose the
latter. And I must say, the community engagement after Slack transition has
been better than what it was before during IRC.