-1

We upgraded the version of the bundled boost very late in the release cycle
which doesn't give downstream customers (who also depend on boost) enough
time to vet any compatibility/perf/other issues. I propose we revert the
boost upgrade (and the corresponding code changes depending on the upgrade)
in 1.9.x branch but keep it in the master branch.